From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Gentoo handouts
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:13:12
On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 21:10 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi all > > I've quickly made two handouts. The first one is based on our about page, > the second one is more personal :) > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/pr/aboutgentoo-1.pdf
Too text-heavy! It looks gray, like the New York Times. I like the general idea here regarding content, but the text layout looks funny. Particularly the centered headers over left-justified text. Try to fully justify the text or set the headers to the left edge and see how things look. For some reason, the bottom of what would be the front once it's folded just looks very cheesy to me. Anyone else? And I'm not sure the pr@g.o alias wants to get deluged with email all about random new Gentoo users.. =)
> > Thoughts? Ideas? > > The "designs" are made with scribus, I'll put the sources out if you want. I > need suggestions for both content and layout. Should we add more "fancy" > stuff to it?
Please do put the sources up somewhere. Aren't they just XML, if you save uncompressed? They could go in CVS.