From: Alex Howells <astinus@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Proposition - Gentoo 2007.1
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 00:07:07
On 30/11/2007, Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o> wrote:
> On Friday, 30 November 2007 at 11:55:28 am, Camille Huot wrote: > > Did he tell you how much we would be paid to write this edition? > > It honestly did not even cross my mind to ask, as I assumed that would be > volunteer work for promoting Gentoo. Now you mention it, however, it seems a > bit odd to make money selling a magazine whose articles were written by > volunteers... I am not familiar at all with how such things work. Anyone else > want to comment on that? I am certain someone from the PR team has seen a > similar situation before.
I did a 3 page review for Linux Format a couple of years back and was paid £250 for it. Not sure how many words were involved but plenty of screenshots and links to documentation were there to fill it up :) Probably took a good 8-10 hours work though, getting things "just right" for a magazine to publish is time consuming. éí¢Škéí¢Š+‚f¢–)à–+-