From: Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin <peach@××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Does our TSHIRT breake the Logo Usage Guideline?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:06:47

Thank you Sven for the quick answer, but this is not the first time I hear this problem. All We want to do - as Gentoo Channel Italia - is cooperating with the Gentoo Foundation. What me and deadhead forgot to say in the previous mails is that the money gained from the t-shirts sold has been used to cover the printing costs, while the remaining has always been donated to the Foundation. I don't think this is much different from the use that makes Gentoo Store. I do think that if Gentoo Foundation doesen't allow such a use of the gentoo logo, harms itself in a way, just because the only thing a "gentooer" wants to buy is Gentoo-related things, and in my opinion something with a °G° on it is "gentoo stuff" as you said. Indirectly this seems to mean that we are not "Gentoo related". This is nothing but merchandising. So what do we need? A Certificate that states we are allowed to sell Gentoo stuff? I'm really disappointed by this situation and I want to underline what you wrote:
> The Foundation does need to fine-tune the entire idea about the logo though, > either broadening the use of the logo, or having a community-logo, or ...
it seems like the Foundation doesen't want to cooperate world-wide with all who wants to help it. This makes things really hard. I must repeat that no money involved in our merchandising stuff has been used for other things than printing and donating to the Foundation. We want to get involved. As I said in my previous mail, I'd be really proud of letting my posters be selled on gentoo store, but it seems like a someone else's problem. I hope this will not end it here and that the Foundation will be interested in solving it. Best regards, -- Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin ICQ UIN = 71110111 Web Site = http://www.smartart.it GPG key = http://www.smartart.it/temp/peach.asc Key fingerprint = C882 C029 540F 0EA3 5318 D2C3 1E4C 8167 0055 105D