From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Presentation Templates
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:04:54
1 Here is the presentation we used this past LWE:
2
3 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cshields/gentoo-lwe_r2.sxi
4
5 Cheers!
6
7 -C
8
9 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
10
11 >Hi all,
12 >
13 >With Gentoo crowding events around the globe, some developers are asking for
14 >pre-made presentations or presentation templates. Layouting presentations
15 >isn't that difficult (graphical wizz's can make a very decent graphical
16 >layout in a few hours given all the necessary artwork) but structuring is.
17 >
18 >One most-important template would be (imho) the presentation of a Gentoo
19 >Project (sub)project. For instance, the Gentoo Installer Project would most
20 >likely want to present the development efforts on the Gentoo Installer.
21 >The Gentoo Documentation Project might want to cover the translation
22 >efforts. The Gentoo Infrastructure Project might want to cover the website
23 >redesign.
24 >
25 >To start off with a possible structure for this kind of presentation, I was
26 >thinking on something along the following:
27 >
28 >1. Front
29 >2. Overview
30 >3. Introduction
31 >4. Goals & Objectives
32 >5. Development Process
33 >6. Used Technologies
34 >7. Current Status
35 >8. Future Development
36 >9. Q&A
37 >
38 >I've made an example with this structure and put it online at
39 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/project-show.pdf
40 >
41 >This presentation covers the GDP Documentation Development. Brief and
42 >without real further thinking (no real presentation that I've given) but
43 >shows the idea.
44 >
45 >Do we want to persue this (template content) or should we focus on the
46 >layout instead (i.e. trust developers that they have sufficient knowledge on
47 >building presentations)?
48 >
49 >Same goes for handouts though.
56 Corey Shields
57 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
58 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
59 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields
63 gentoo-pr@g.o mailing list