From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] (FYI) LWE-Boston
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:01:55
(Removed gentoo-trustees from addressees as I'm not subscribed) I've got a fairly simplistic flyer focusing on the cluster group that could be updated ( http://dev.gentoo.org/~spyderous/cluster/LWE-cluster-01-2004.pdf ), and I can make up a flyer, some slides for a presentation, or whatever for the desktop project, given some advance notice of a deadline. Those seem like two areas that people are generally becoming more interested in as Linux moves forward. It might be nice to have something talking about our embedded and cross-compiling work too. Obviously the generic "Gentoo features," maybe compare & contrast will be a good idea too. But there simply won't be enough space to cater to people interested in specific areas rather than just looking at another distribution. I'd be happy to help with any work on creating or proofreading flyers if they don't yet exist. In fact, I'd hate to see us publish anything without my eyes seeing it. As far as I know, I'm the only person involved with Gentoo who has spent time as a professional copy editor. My design skills are reasonable too, but I'm not going to pretend I'm a professional there. Thanks, Donnie