From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Future done..
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:03:11
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:45:16PM -0500, Simon P. Hough wrote:
> I am real stuck on the meta-distribution, not for the > want of trying, but I dont fully understand the > what it means... Anyone like to explain to Mr Dummy > here what it means?:)
It means that the distribution is build to provide choices instead of options. It means flexibility in the development process. Gentoo provides its users with a high-profile base system on which the user can do what he wants, instead of use what we provide. For a template, I think a combination of the terms "development" and "choice" would be what users should feel when looking at the slide. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- FOSDEM 2004 Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting 21 - 22 februari Brussels, Belgium http://www.fosdem.org http://www.gentoo.org Documentation & PR swift@g.o