From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Gentoo Presentation
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:21:28
1 On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 06:31:04PM -0500, Simon P. Hough wrote:
2 > Excellent presentation, I think leaving the main headings to the author
3 > of the presentation would still
4 > be a good thing keeping the font ofcourse (Steelfish font, available at
5 > www.1001fonts.com)
6
7 With main heading you mean the word "community"?
8
9 > So, you want more backgrounds?:)
10
11 Yes :) As you can see I use four main subjects:
12
13 - History
14 - Metadistribution
15 - Community
16 - Organisation
17
18 The "Metadistribution" has
19 -- Portage
20 -- Init Scripts
21 -- Installation Choices
22 -- Rapid Development
23 -- Learn
24
25 If you would be able to make backgrounds for these themes I believe most
26 subjects that can rise in a presentation (generally) are discussed.
27
28 > BTW How does one get thier own dev space?:) I just have a limited amount
29 > here with my ISP.
30
31 To have dev space you need to become a developer. To become a developer you
32 need to continuously make considerable contributions to the Gentoo project.
33 If you're interested in becoming a developer, just contact me off-list :)
34
35 If you just need space, I'm sure another solution can be found.
36
37 > Whats next on the agenda after the backgrounds?
38
39 Good question. I was thinking about having a document online on how to make
40 decent presentations. There are many rules to this so it would be nice if we
41 can sum those up. This would also include how to act properly during the
42 presentations.
43
44 Another thing would be to have "official" presentations online (I am
45 hoping for magicpoint because it is easily added to CVS and very small :). To
46 be more precise, I hope that some of the aspects of the Gentoo project are
47 available as presentations (in cooperation with the projects). For instance a
48 presentation on "The Gentoo Hardened Project". These presentations can then
49 be used by interested developers to give a presentation on the subject in
50 their local LUG or at some free software conference.
51
52 Non-presentation related, but still interesting, is to have a design out
53 which can be printed as hand-outs for distribution on events, or even a press
54 map in case a presentation is made at a more official conference.
55
56 That's a bit of the things that are on my mind.
57
58 Wkr,
59 Sven Vermeulen
62 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.