From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] Upcoming portage release statement
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:59:33
Hi all

When Portage 2.0.51 hits the world I will be adding a news item to
gentoo.org. It's main text is:

"""
The Gentoo Portage team is proud to present Portage version 2.0.51 to the
world! Changes include improved support for cascading profiles, dynamic
handling of virtuals, rebuilding on USE-flag changes, gpg verification
and more.
"""

It's content, when people click on "Read more" (or whatever it is called,
need to check our website xsl :) is available at
http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/portage.html

I would appreciate feedback on it. It's still a long way before it'll get
published but I want it to be ready in the pipeline :)

I also hope to be able to put out more news on gentoo.org so people see we
aren't sitting on our lazy butts doing nothing...

Wkr,
      Sven Vermeulen

--
 ^__^   And Larry saw that it was Good.
 (oo)                                      Sven Vermeulen