From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] logo reuse
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:43:47
1 On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 04:45:53PM +0200, Daniel Herzog wrote:
2 > thanks. well, as i said, i'd like to use the logo done by Aaron Shi,
3 > which can be seen at the top left of the
4 > gentoo.org-redesign-contest-winner-screenshot :) It includes the G-logo,
5 > but also some stuff done my Aaron, e.g. this eternal-symbol instead of
6 > "oo" etc.
7 > I am unsure how this changes the current situation, and wether this
8 > makes your reply incomplete or not?
9
10 Aaron's logo is a modification of the G-logo with the trademarked "Gentoo"
11 name. Modified or not, it remains property of Daniel (well, Gentoo
12 Technologies, Inc.).
13
14 Even if you would "fight" this (hypothetically :) you should also need to
15 know that the copyright of all artwork and stuff that Aaron submitted has
16 been handed over to the Gentoo Foundation (this was one of the requirements
17 of the designs).
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen