From: kristian@×××××××.dk
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Story: Webkit-based browser recommends Gentoo for development
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:29:40
No no no. Safari is built on WebKit which is a fork of KHTML. It is Camino which is based on Gecko.

For Linux/*BSD we have another option for WebCore/WebKit. Take a look at gtk-webcore as well as webkit-gtk (ebuilds available in Gentoo bugzilla).

I think I'll take a look, just to see if it is truly that much better than a few months ago.

-Kristian Poul Herkild