From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] I'm back, TODO list
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 08:19:01
On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 05:31:22PM -0500, Simon P. Hough wrote:
> The 2004 release any visuals associatted with it yet? logos etc???? an > identity for it???
Not to my knowledge. There is a new logo (one that doesn't mention "Linux" explicitly)[1] but that is unrelated to the release.
> A quick thought popped in my head of emptyness;) I hate presenations due to > them been so bloody static... > the only dynamic thing about them is the fading to the > next slide.... :)
We shouldn't focus on dynamical presentations too much. They tend to distract the crowd easily and focus their attention towards the dynamical nature instead of the contents of the presentation. Also the software available to create dynamical presentations is scarce (OOo is all that comes to mind) while I want to keep the options open to developers what presentation tool they want to use (I personally like MagicPoint). Wkr, Sven Vermeulen [1] http://beta-store.gentoo.org/images/gentoo-160x110.png -- FOSDEM 2004 Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting 21 - 22 februari Brussels, Belgium http://www.fosdem.org http://www.gentoo.org Documentation & PR swift@g.o