From: Ranjit Singh <ranjit@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-proctors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proctors] Re: [half-PROCTORS] Re: [gentoo-dev] Bye Gentoo!
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:15:37
1 On Thursday 31 May 2007 19:19, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > On Thursday, May 31, 2007 02:58:00 PM Wernfried Haas wrote:
3 > > On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 03:01:07AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > > Sad to see one of the few remaining sane people leave.
5 > >
6 > > I take this as a compliment to Bryan, but then still you are implying
7 > > that most of the people here are not sane.
8 >
9 > And by officially reacting as a proctor, you lent value to some stupid
10 > claim which would have had *none* without your needless intervention.
11 >
12 > With each action like this, the whole proctors stuff loses credibility -
13 > and it already had a bad start, considering the CoC reads sentence by
14 > sentence like a pure "lex Ciaran".
15 >
16 Um I am not sure what that last bit means, but personally speaking I do feel
17 that McCreesh posts negative comments on quite a regular basis. For example,
18 in the same thread he comments:
19 "It takes more balls to go against the prevailing stagnation than to just sit
20 by idly and remain content with the situation no matter how bad it is..."
21 (And that's the entirety of his post.)
22 As a user, gentoo works better for me now than it ever has. Obviously I have
23 no access to the -core ml or #-dev so I do not know just how "bad"
24 the "situation" is. Nonetheless, this is yet another blanket assertion about
25 the state of Gentoo, from someone who I understand has been forcibly ejected
26 from that community. And of course, it is negative, and has no discernible
27 content... It just strikes me as classic FUD.
28
29 So in summary, I don't think it is wise to allow such comments to continue,
30 since non-devs read the public list and see such comments going unanswered,
31 as if McCreesh is voicing uncomfortable truths, when the simple fact is
32 everyone has just got tired of arguing with him.
33 --
34 gentoo-proctors@g.o mailing list