From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-proctors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proctors] Proctors - An RFC about their role/powers
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:49:53
It should be rather obvious by now that I don't think we need the
proctors.

Nevertheless, some points made below need to be addressed.

On Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:16:09 AM Ranjit Singh wrote:

> > Do we want/accept penalties/remedies crossing mediums? (Do we want a > > ban from forums to extend to bugzilla?) > Yes.
No. If the offender does behave on other mediums, why should he be banned from those?
> > Do we want/accept permanent bans? > Yes.
No! Everyone deserves another chance.
> > What audience? > > Do we address users and devs? (council said everyone) > ++
For devs we have DevRel.
> > What powers can/will the proctors have over devs? > What? As above.
None.
> > Do proctors act on devs directly or through devrel? > Directly with input from kloeri and g2boojum
For obvious reasons (kloeri retired), there should be no personal involvement but groups only.
> > Are proctors elected or appointed and by whom? > Elected from pool: forum admins, devrel and council.
Elected. From the developer community.
> > Who controls the proctors? (who watches the watchman?) > Er we do. Got it? :)
The council and the developer community as they can vote for someone else for the next term.
> Flame on paludis minions!
Would you kindly leave this out of here? Thanks! Best regards, Wulf