From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: was any decision made?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:52:16
George Prowse wrote:

> The munging or whatever it is called is still active. >
Still switched *off* you mean.
> I would still like reply=to to go to the list an not the person. >
Sheesh, does your email client /still/ not get that right? Some of the #gentoo-desktop bods were talking about this in evolution: <johnny> what's the deal with evo not allowing me to "reply to list" <johnny> it never shows up in the context menu <tuXXX> johnny: and in the "Message" menu? <johnny> yes it is there, but no shortcut <tuXXX> I have Ctrl+L <johnny> aha.. it's greyed out <johnny> yes, shortcut, but greyed out <tuXXX> (but my evo is 2.21.1) <tuXXX> It's greyed out for me on non-ML mails <johnny> aha.. i finally found a list that doesn't munge, thought some of them were not doing it that were (That last comment is interesting: it shows that many Gentoo users are only just starting to learn that the lists are munged, and that this makes a difference to the utility of a fully functional client.)
> How likely is that going to happen? Gentoo-dev gets it right >
Gentoo dev mungs yes. Obviously we differ on whether that is the right thing to do; I think it's totally appropriate for a novice user group, but a bit lame for a dev m-l tbh.
Ah well, you know my feeling on this; it's up to the user group I guess. -- gentoo-project@g.o mailing list