From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-project] Reply to setting Was: Improving developer/user communication]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:59:48
Kumba wrote:
> Dale wrote: > >> >> Well, I use Seamonkey for my email. The thing I don't like about the >> reply all is that now you get two copies of this email. I figured >> that because I got two of yours. I do not see a reply to list >> function so can you assist me in finding that or does it not exist in >> Seamonkey. >> >> Also, did they not set this up the same way as the other lists? When >> I hit reply in gentoo-user it works fine as far as going to the list >> itself. I was just thinking that maybe someone missed a step when >> the mailing list was set up. >> >> Any help would be appreciated. > > This is actually quite similar to some of the top-level MLs I'm on, > namely linux-mips. It's designed so you can exclude the ML from a > chain if you need to take a topic to private convo with a related > party. The double e-mailing itself doesn't bother me either. I just > delete the dupes. > > > --Kumba >
Well, after I wrote the email, I removed Roberts private address and only sent it to the list. He should have only got one copy that way. I guess that is a workaround. Remove the main to: <private address> and leave the CC and change it to To:. That make sense? Oh well, I have collected almost 13,000 gentoo-user emails and I guess a couple extras won't hurt. ;-) Maybe it will get changed or something will work out in the end. Dale :-) :-) -- gentoo-project@g.o mailing list