From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-project] Reply to setting Was: Improving developer/user communication]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:59:48
1 Kumba wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
5 >> Well, I use Seamonkey for my email. The thing I don't like about the
7 >> that because I got two of yours. I do not see a reply to list
8 >> function so can you assist me in finding that or does it not exist in
9 >> Seamonkey.
10 >>
11 >> Also, did they not set this up the same way as the other lists? When
12 >> I hit reply in gentoo-user it works fine as far as going to the list
13 >> itself. I was just thinking that maybe someone missed a step when
14 >> the mailing list was set up.
15 >>
16 >> Any help would be appreciated.
17 >
18 > This is actually quite similar to some of the top-level MLs I'm on,
19 > namely linux-mips. It's designed so you can exclude the ML from a
20 > chain if you need to take a topic to private convo with a related
21 > party. The double e-mailing itself doesn't bother me either. I just
22 > delete the dupes.
25 > --Kumba
28 Well, after I wrote the email, I removed Roberts private address and
29 only sent it to the list. He should have only got one copy that way. I
30 guess that is a workaround. Remove the main to: <private address> and
31 leave the CC and change it to To:. That make sense?
32
33 Oh well, I have collected almost 13,000 gentoo-user emails and I guess a
34 couple extras won't hurt. ;-) Maybe it will get changed or something
35 will work out in the end.
36
37 Dale
38