From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo Recruiters need your help!
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 13:57:56
1 On 16/11/14 00:43, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 11/14/2014 07:59 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> The recruiters team needs your help once again. The manpower and time
6 >> availability in the team is significantly low so we would welcome
7 >> developers interested in assisting us and becoming full-time recruiters.
8 >> Before you apply, please consider that this role requires a great deal
9 >> of time and flexibility. I am sure you remember your reviews, which
10 >> may have taken quite a few hours to complete. If you feel like you are
11 >> up to the task, and committed to stay around for a while, please get
12 >> in touch with us to discuss the first steps of your training process.
13 >> In case of multiple applicants, we may prioritize experienced
14 >> developers since they may require less time for training.
17 > We should recruit less people and instead make an effort to review other
18 > peoples overlays and include a list of high-quality overlays on our website.
19 >
20 > The good part is: any dev can do this and it moves away from our broken
21 > centralized packaging model.
22 > In addition, this will take off workload from the recruiters team.
23
24 High-quality, reviewed overlays is a good idea. We still need more
25 recruiters though.