From: Tony Vroon <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Questions for candidates for Gentoo Council 2013/2014
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 20:15:00
1 On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 15:47 -0400, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
2 > I would be forever in your debt if toolchain were on eapi 5 and had
3 > proper subslot deps.
4
5 It certainly sounds like a much better approach to incrementally improve
6 the toolchain eclass rather than trying to forcibly invalidate EAPI 0
7 through a council decree.
8 Once the actual use tapers off to where a removal makes sense... we may
9 still end up on a tree with minimum EAPI 5 this year.
10
11 Regards,
12 Tony V.