From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 19:23:05
1 On Tuesday 09 April 2013 01:57:47 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 23:20:28 -0600 Ryan Hill wrote:
3 > > If someone else wants to try and improve the situation, please feel free.
4 >
5 > Just to be sure -- would you be ok if we tried to inline some
6 > of the eclass code into the ebuilds (future versions/revbumps)?
7
8 not really. you can still build gcc-2.95 and newer with the current code, but
9 the amount of "tc_version_is_at_least" is fairly low. from time to time,
10 people also create their own gcc ebuild forks which use this eclass either
11 because it's a completely different code base, orit has some serious patches
12 that we aren't interested in carrying, or people want to experiment. current
13 examples: kgcc64 msp430 gcc-apple. we've had other embedded works in the
14 past, as well as hardened ones.
15 -mike