From: "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o>
To: "�" <lists@××××××.eu>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Automation: Making package.mask better
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:22:32
1 � wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hmm ... automation:
6 >
7 > Without saying something on whether it would be useful or not, I think
8 > that we should change the format to sth which can be processed easily by
9 > programs (XML for instance).
10
11 Yes, we could use s-expressions. They are as powerful as XML, but not so
12 insanely verbose.
13
14 > To ensure human readibility, one could keep
15 > the text file and have the xml one addtionally.
16
17 I don't think anybody wants to duplicate work like that. Anyway, s-expressions
18 are easy to read for humans as well as computers.
19
20 Marijn
21 --
22 gentoo-project@g.o mailing list