From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:50:02
1 > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to repeat
2 > your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously suggested one (since
3 > the last meeting).
4
5 Here's one thing that's low priority and still controversial:
6
7 (Since no one wants the QA team to actually *do* anything ... sigh)
10 Make all cosmetic repoman warnings fatal
11
12 Rationale: Either we care about things like whitespace and quoting, or
13 we don't.
14
15 If we care then we shouldn't allow anyone to commit a bad ebuild
16
17 If we don't care then repoman shouldn't annoy us with useless whining
18 that doesn't matter anyway
21 The affected repoman checks should be at least (but possibly not limited
22 to):
23
24 * unused local useflag descriptions in metadata.xml
25 * Whitespace, both at the beginning and the end of the line
26 (this will need an improved repoman check to make sense
27 as it currently has a few false positive matches)
28 * variable quoting (may have false positives too)
31 Thanks,
32
33 Patrick