From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] [project] Re: Default src_install for EAPI-2 or following EAPI
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 01:25:11
Duncan wrote:

> Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> posted > gb6pop$997$1@×××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Mon, 22 Sep 2008 01:35:57 > +0100: > >>> This is an old rhetorical trick (I don't know its name in English): You >>> impute that I claimed things which I never said - of course, then it is >>> easy for you to prove that these things are wrong. >> What, like saying my point was only about saving two tokens? >> >>> I _never_ suggested to use code from stone-age for ebuilds >> You did as far as I am concerned. > > Careful please, both of you. This bit looks like it could be headed > personal, and I don't believe that's in the interest of anyone. >
Eh, I feel that's slightly taken out of context, in that we both smiled at each other during the course of the discussion, and I wouldn't have made such a long post if I hadn't both respected Vaeth and thought it was a technical discussion (now that we have project. I'm cross-posting this for for those who only follow dev; please follow up to project if you wish to comment further.) I did thank him at the end too, to keep it civil. Having said that, you're right that it could be read like that, and I applaud your acting to stop any suggestion of it. Guess I was being a bit Germanic ;-)