From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 00:29:51
1 On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 8:22 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > I think you should be more concerned with the fact there has not been a
4 > single new developer yet in 2017. Rather than trying to further
5 > restrict and limit a community that is NOT attracting new blood or
6 > growing really. Which was one of the fastest growing communities.
9 Heh. If I read threads like this every other month on the -dev
10 mailing list I wouldn't want to be a dev either.
11
12 IMO until we block the ability for people to go on endlessly about how
13 Gentoo is dying on our lists I doubt anything will change. Reading
14 nonsense like this hardly inspires me to go work on ebuilds. Neither
15 does being pestered by 3 other devs about replying to trolls.
16
17 The simplest solution is probably to just moderate any posts by
18 non-devs, and use comrel to deal with abuse by devs. Problem solved.
21 Rich