From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:51:33
1 > And a Invitee to all devs to join the discussion in -core but I hope
2 > this was done long ago.
3
4 Rest assured that the discussion has been lively there.
7 I don't get all the fuss about this, though. So the Foundation is in
8 trouble, so what? It's basically holding the Gentoo trademark in the
9 USA (in Europe, it does *not*, another legal entity does here) and it
10 is the copyright holder of the ebuilds.
11
12 The ebuilds are licensed under the GPL v2 and if the original
13 copyright holder ceases to exist, the rights to the creative work
14 falls back to its original owners - the developers. Nothing lost.
15
16 The ebuilds keep coming, we're basically doing "business" as usual and
17 that should be enough, I'd say.
20 Best regards, Wulf