From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:12:50
On 2011.08.14 15:39, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On 08/14/2011 03:19 PM, Roy Bamford wrote: > > Team, > > > > ...
[snip]
> > Why do devrel members need to be developers? Users with the correct > > skill set can do the job just as well, if they are interested. > devrel members are mainly recruiters, which requires ebuild and > organization knowledge. If a users has this knowledge it is not hard > to become a developer and join recruiters
We are discussing devrel here, not recruiters. I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that devrel and recruiters were two separate projects. If one has become a subset of the other by virtue of overlapping skill requirements and project membership maybe thats a pointer that the projects should be merged. While that's interesting, its not the topic of this thread. Getting back to the topic, I do not understand why someone (not a dev) cannot be a member of devrel only. Such an individual could be required to become a staffer following their acceptance into devrel.
If time is always of the essence, that's a perfectly valid reason.
> -- > Regards, > Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2 >
-- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of elections gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees