From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Improving developer/user communication
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:41:24
From: Steve Long <..>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:56:54 +0100
Newsgroup: gmane.linux.gentoo.project

George Prowse wrote:

> Ok, suggestion No1: > > We put out messages in the communication channels (topics on irc, the > forums, GWN, and any others we can think of) saying that we would like > massive feedback from the users. >
Er massive feedback about what exactly? The point of this list is to discuss non-technical aspects of development. Can't we just do that without a massive survey?
> Once we get feedback then the individual pieces of info can be discussed > and voted on in the channels. > > I dont know how much info we'll get back but... >
A load of cruft most likely ;)
> Also, a thought is a questionaire online saying "what would you like to > see?" "what do you think should be changed?" etc >
Why not just do a massive campaign to inform users of the list and ask them to post here if they have any concerns about the direction gentoo is taking, how they contribute and whatever else is on their minds (so long as it's not support!) Although to be honest, how to get involved is already covered on the forums: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-508816.html http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-503491.html (2nd and 3rd posts) ..and this list will hopefully be a good place for all the non-code stuff. Bugzilla is your friend, and don't forget #gentoo-dev-help, #bash and #friendly-coders on irc.freenode.org :-) -- gentoo-project@g.o mailing list