From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] adopt "sighted pages" system of german wikipedia for our wiki (was Call for agenda items -- Council meeting)
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 12:02:15
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-project] adopt "sighted pages" system of german wikipedia for our wiki (was Call for agenda items -- Council meeting) by Markos Chandras
On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
> I don't think this has anything to do with the council. The council cannot > interfere with individual projects.
Arguably the ONLY thing the council does is interfere with individual projects - that is its sole reason for existence. The DevRel project already settles disputes, the PMS project already designs EAPIs, and so on. However, projects are self-governing and this creates the potential issue of clashes with the needs of the distro as a whole, so we have a Council as an appeal of last resort. A project's decision does not necessarily speak for the whole distro - the Council does. If the Council were to completely refrain from interfering with projects, it could accomplish nothing.
> I believe your request should be > addressed to the wiki@ people directly
This is of course the correct initial step. Work within the projects until an issue actually arises. However, I could easily see the Council getting involved here, as this would impact both the GLDP and the Wiki projects. That said, I think this is a good idea - why have our documentation split in two? Rich