From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo Recruiters need your help!
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:34:12
1 On 11/18/2014 06:23 PM, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 11/18/2014 04:19 AM, heroxbd@g.o wrote:
3 >> Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o> writes:
4 >>
5 >>> It would be probably good to have in the tree only the core components and move other stuff to the thematic overlays.
6 >>>
7 >>> Then we can have a clear understanding, how things should be: if
8 >>> something is a part of the core system, it goes to the tree, if
9 >>> something is a scientific packages, it lives in the science overlay,
10 >>> if something is a java stuff it lives in the java overlay, etc.
11 >>
12 >> This is a good idea. One difficulty: how to handle inter-overlay
13 >> dependence? Either the dependency should be expressed by overlay +
14 >> ebuild, or the dependent ebuild should be moved into the "core overlay".
15 >> I haven't figured out a clean solution yet.
18 > git submodules?
21 mmm, are you serious? )