From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:39:25
1 >>>>> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, Andreas K Huettel wrote:
2
3 > In two weeks, the council will have its (well, this time only nearly
4 > regular) monthly meeting. Now is the time to raise and prepare items
5 > that the council should put on the agenda to discuss or vote on.
6
7 > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
8 > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
9 > suggested one (since the last meeting).
10
11 Can we discuss/vote about EAPI deprecation please? Looking at the
12 summary of our 2013-04-09 meeting, we could take the following three
13 votes:
14
15 - "EAPI 3 is no longer required for the upgrade path of users' systems."
16 - "EAPI 3 is discouraged. Repoman should warn about this."
17 - "EAPI 0 is discouraged. Repoman should warn about this."
18
19 Portage 2.1.9.42 (supporting EAPI 4) went stable on the last
20 architecture on 2011-03-17 which was almost three years ago.
21
22 Ulrich