From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Does the council need a lead?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:23:33
On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
> Does the council need a lead? All top-level projects have a lead > except the council. Should we maintain this exception? > > How do we elect a lead? Do the developers do it or should it be left > to the newly elected council members? >
What role will a council lead play? Will the role be similar to the speaker of the house (ie, only manage the meetings and cast the tie-breaking vote), or more like the head of the cabinet of ministers (take the final decision based on input from other members)? -- ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team