From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
Cc: "René 'Necoro' Neumann" <lists@××××××.eu>, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Automation: Making package.mask better
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:47:17
1 On 7/23/07, Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Am 23.07.2007 um 07:25 schrieb René 'Necoro' Neumann:
4 > > Alec Warner schrieb:
5 > >>> It has been a proposal only ... :) As I thought that automatic
6 > >>> parsing
7 > >>> of arbitrary textfiles is an ugly thing to do ... But if you like
8 > >>> this
9 > >>> more *shrug* do it ^^
10 > >>>
11 > >>> - - Nec
12 > >>
13 > >> And the alternative to parsing arbitrary text files is? Why do you
14 > >> think it's ugly?
15 > >>
16 > >> -Alec
17 > >>
18 > >
19 > > It is ugly, because you have to write an (error prone) parser by
20 > > yourself instead of using a generic one (for XML, sexps or whatever).
21 > > And it is easier to format the file in a wrong way and thus leading to
22 > > sth unwanted ...
23 > >
24 > > But I don't think, this discussion leads somewhere ... (sorry that I
25 > > brought that topic at all). In the end it's the decision of the
26 > > poor guy
27 > > who has to do the work :)
28 >
29 > It's not a bad thing to do a proposal, I just don't think
30 > breaking compatibility is worth it.
31 >
32 > Btw, Alec: Are you sure you are subscribed here with your
33 > scriptkitty address? Because I did not receive your last two mails
34 > quoted by René over this list.
35 >
36 > Robert
40 No, gmail appears to be too stupid to pick the right address when sending mail.
41 I should go kick them.
42 --
43 gentoo-project@g.o mailing list