From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:15:47
>> I don't get all the fuss about this, though. So the Foundation is in >> trouble, so what? It's basically holding the Gentoo trademark in the >> USA (in Europe, it does *not*, another legal entity does here) and it >> is the copyright holder of the ebuilds. > Maybe it is all about the "so what?" mentality of the core that led to > this mess in the first place?
Please explain why I should care about the Gentoo Foundation in your opinion.
> I can understand that this angers the community and drobbins, as it > angers me too.
I don't. I *do* care about our users, about my ebuilds and the technical side of things. I do *not* care about a foundation that's supposed to be an IP container.
> But I think that some drastic actions must be taken,
Why? To appease the mob? What horrible, catastrophic thing has happened? Please explain that. I honestly don't see it.
> maybe exactly because the bandwagon with the angry mob on it.
Drastic measures because some people loudly claim the end of the world is coming? No, thank you.
>> The ebuilds keep coming, we're basically doing "business" as usual and >> that should be enough, I'd say. > Sure, all is fine in the land of Gentoo - problems are for people that > have nothing better to do :(
Name those problem, please. I'll gladly try to address them if I can. -- Best regards, Wulf