From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Kacper Kowalik (Xarthisius)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:14:55
1 On Wednesday 14 of July 2010 11:55:51 Tobias Heinlein wrote:
2 > Continuing my habit of sending new developer announcements way too late,
3 > I'll introduce you to Kacper "Xarthisius" Kowalik from Torún, Poland
4 > today. It's 11AM here and already 30°+ in my room, thus I can't seem to
5 > think of some interesting introductory text, so here's just how he
6 > describes himself:
7 >
8 > "Currently, I am PhD student at Toruń Centre for Astronomy, NCU, Poland.
9 > My research is related to planetary formations processes and mostly
10 > based on what people call with awe/despise "number crunching", or
11 > grid-based magnetohydrodynamical simulations to be exact. As a result I
12 > crave for shear computing power, which recently brought me to GPGPU and
13 > large clusters. Apart from PhD I work as small cluster (~40 cores +
14 > GPUs) administrator @ TCfA which is unfortunately located 12km outside
15 > of town, at TCfA Observatory (no one knows why, but we cannot move it...
16 > that's the beauty of university's bureaucracy).
17 > Remaining shreds of spare time I have are dedicated to my girlfriend and
18 > casual life activities, i.e. when I am not at looking at any gentoo bugs
19 > ;)".
20 >
21 > Please do not give him a warm welcome, it's hot enough already anyway.
22
23 I feel obligated by my name to give freezing welcome. Se be it.
24
25 (looks like some new Polish wave is taking over, good, good.... *evil laugh*)
28 regards
29 MM