From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:04:41
1 On 03/08/14 11:55, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Sun, 03 Aug 2014, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> So I guess it's more about the eselect module, and allowing it to
4 >> move specific bash-completion files to temporary directory, making
5 >> them out-of-scope for the bash-completion autoloader (yes, there is
6 >> an autoloader) that mimics the outcome of putting specific
7 >> bash-completion files to INSTALL_MASK
8 > Do I get this right, you want the eselect module move files installed
9 > by a package to another directory, effectively making them orphans?
10 >
11 > Ulrich
12
13 Of course it would require a pkg_postrm() phase that cleans up possible
14 orphans
15 But mgorny pointed out another solution in this thread, "Wouldn't it be
16 better to generate exclude commands in bashrc?"
17 And the answer to that would be "yes, of course"
18 As in, the specifics of how this would be best to achieve, are yet to be
19 determined...
20
21 - Samuli