From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 08:14:10
1 On 03-08-2011 02:26:44 +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > > I think yes, if the council regarding GLEP39 thinks A, but the dev
3 > > population B, then it is unlikely the council will vote for B.
4 > > However, the dev population should vote for other council members
5 > > that do support B for the next term in that case.
6 > >
7 > > You have all rights of course to try and persuade the council members
8 > > to change their minds and vote for B. Probably good argumentation
9 > > will help there.
10 >
11 > I strongly disagree on this since I support that any change to GLEP39
12 > will require a global dev vote, which means that even if the council
13 > starts a discussion and guides the process for GLEP39 reform, in the end
14 > it will fall to the full developer community to approve it or not.
15 > I do think that the council should have an active role in GLEP39 reform
16 > and that it's natural for the council to "lead" on this process. If
17 > we're able to get this moving forward, I would be open to having the
18 > council nominate a person or committee to spearhead the process.
19
20 I don't see how the both of us disagree here.
24 Fabian Groffen
25 Gentoo on a different level