From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Do we want to make changes to the role of the council?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:02:39
On 2010.04.22 12:41, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> On 22-04-2010 01:23, Richard Freeman wrote:
[snip]
> > Rich > > > > -- > Regards, > > Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org > Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections >
Team, Gentoo the (distro) has no legal standing at all - thats wrapped up in the Foundation. Hence the two headed structure we have today. That means that Gentoo (the distro) cannot bring a legal action, nor can it be the target of one. (There is no legal entity) We are very close to a standard corporate structure. I suspect if there was ever any external (legal) pressure on Gentoo the distro, we would adopt a standard corporate structure, with the trustees (directors) looking after the business issues and the council looking after technical issues as a committee of the Gentoo Foundation Inc. I won't speculate on the detail of any such change as what we have works for us at the moment. The missing strand is someone with a position in both groups, serving as a technical director. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees