From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 08:23:59
1 Am Montag, 9. April 2018, 02:11:19 CEST schrieb zlg:
2 > > We request that the Gentoo Council and the Board of Trustees of the
3 > > Gentoo
4 > > Foundation affirm Gentoo's metastructure GLEP 39 as the governing
5 > > principle
6 > > of the Gentoo Linux developer community. In particular, both acknowledge
7 > > the split between
8 > >
9 > > - the Gentoo Council, which is responsible for the Gentoo Linux
10 > > developer
11 > >
12 > > community, its user base and all technical decisions,
13 > >
14 > > - and the Gentoo Foundation, whose role is to hold Gentoo's assets
15 > >
16 > > (such as trademarks and server infrastructure) and support the
17 > > developer
18 > > and user community.
19
20 [snip]
21 > To the Council:
22 >
23 > What makes you accountable to this community? Why should we trust or
24 > respect you when you have nothing on the line except a title? What
25 > happens next if these affirmations are made? What's your angle, your
26 > real motivation?
29 This proposal describes precisely
30 * how I was taught "Gentoo works" for my quizzes sometime around 2010
31 * how the cooperation and separation of responsibilities between council and
32 foundation worked for the years since then
33 * and what was the basis of understanding for council and trustees elections
34
35 Thus, we are asking for an affirmation of the status quo, nothing else.
39 Andreas K. Hüttel
40 dilfridge@g.o
41 Gentoo Linux developer
42 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)