From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Improving developer/user communication
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:55:13
1 On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 04:21:46 +0200
2 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:56:59 +0100
4 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > The eselect people aren't involved, since it's not being shipped as
6 > > part of eselect itself (the aim is to stop shipping modules with
7 > > eselect in favour of external packages where possible). The module
8 > > itself is in the tree and ready to be ported to Portage by anyone
9 > > interested (note that the earlier port is no good, since it lacks
10 > > some of the functionality of the version in the tree).
11 >
12 > I'd rather hear that from someone who's actually in charge of eselect.
13
14 Then you're out of luck, since he's busy with other things and is
15 probably going to be resigning soon. So you'll just have to settle for
16 hearing it from everyone who's discussed that kind of thing with him in
17 the past.
18
19 *shrug* Not that I care. I'm not being screwed over by you sitting
20 around waiting for an answer you probably won't ever get.
23 Ciaran McCreesh