From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 17:31:42
On 2011.08.09 15:01, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 12:50 Fri 05 Aug , Fabian Groffen wrote: > > On 05-08-2011 00:51:51 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote: > > > > I think we have to agree to disagree on this one. The corporate > norm > > > > of checks and balances is to have applications for expenditure, > be it > > > > for trivial sums or large capital items, to be signed off by > > > > someone/some group with no interest in the outcome, so they can > make > > > > an objective decision. > > > > > > > > e.g. I can sign off travel and expenses for others but not for > myself. > > > > > > At least in my experience, each division would receive its own > budget > > > with independent spending authority. This is subject to auditing > but > > > only in retrospect, not prior to the expense taking place. > > > > Do you suggest the Council should have money to spend? > > No, we're just way out on a weird analogy limb here. >
Well, as Gentoo the distro has no legal links to the Gentoo Foundation Inc., I suppose the distro as headed by the council could set up its own legal entity somewhere in the world, to raise funds ... :) Its the legal ties bit I would like to fix, which gets us back to where I started. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees