From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2011-11-08
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:09:18
1 On 27-10-2011 00:13:41 +0200, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Fabian Groffen schrieb:
3 > > On 26-10-2011 23:03:39 +0200, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
4 > >> Fabian Groffen schrieb:
5 > >>> You can see it has been removed, but you typically want to know why.
6 > >>> That's the idea of the ChangeLog file.
7 > >>
8 > >> One of the arguments for logging everything in ChangeLog was that
9 > >> extracting this kind information from CVS can be cumbersome. So, I would
10 > >> not agree with "typically".
11 > >
12 > > I do not see your point. Does my sentence change for you if you remove
13 > > the "typically"?
14 >
15 > If the reason why you want ChangeLogs is avoiding having to get the
16 > information about commit activity from CVS, then the proposal to make
17 > exaclty that the minimal ChangeLog entry seems reasonable.
18 >
19 > If in addition you always want to know about the motivation for the
20 > commit, then it won't be sufficient I guess. But based on the previous
21 > discussion on mandatory ChangeLogs I have not gotten the impression that
22 > this was typically called for.
23
24 I still don't see your point, sorry.
28 Fabian Groffen