From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2012-04-03
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 09:02:46
1 El vie, 23-03-2012 a las 23:23 -0600, Ryan Hill escribió:
2 > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:37:30 +0100
3 > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > El mar, 20-03-2012 a las 11:32 -0400, Mike Gilbert escribió:
6 > > > On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > > Since there is no need to stay in the herd some prefixed time, I see no
8 > > > > reason to allow developers to be in mail aliases without adding them to
9 > > > > herds.xml, and this allows others to "easily" review herds.xml looking
10 > > > > for empty herds.
11 > > >
12 > > > From what you've said, the mail alias should just be ignored when
13 > > > reviewing herds.
14 > > >
15 > > > It is possible that the people on the alias are simply curious and
16 > > > have no intention of maintaining anything. I don't have a problem with
17 > > > that.
18 > >
19 > > But we need to clearly state that, when a herd is empty in herds.xml we
20 > > should consider their packages as orphan even if some devs are listed in
21 > > the alias.
22 >
23 > I thought that was the case already. Why would devs on the alias be
24 > considered maintainers in the first place?
28 If it's clear that devs on alias shouldn't be considered as maintainers
29 when herds.xml shows that one as empty, ok then, nothing more to
30 discuss :)