From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] adopt "sighted pages" system of german wikipedia for our wiki (was Call for agenda items -- Council meeting)
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 13:02:46
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-project] adopt "sighted pages" system of german wikipedia for our wiki (was Call for agenda items -- Council meeting) by Markos Chandras
On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
> This is not the case and we have been discussing this over and over. > The wiki is not there to replace official docs.
What are the main problems with this - especially if a "sighted pages" approach is taken? I would think the main issue with a wiki would be officialness and the proposed approach could potentially address that. Obviously an issue with moving to a wiki would be the mass of documentation already out there, but the logical approach would be to move it over time, and perhaps cite the existing docs in the wiki where possible. Then if documentation gets stale it could be re-written and "approved." Just because the wiki isn't CURRENTLY there to replace official docs doesn't mean that we shouldn't think about whether it one day could. Rich