From: Dominik Riva <slalomsk8er@×××××.com>
To: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:05:05
On Jan 15, 2008 12:51 PM, Wulf C. Krueger <philantrop@g.o> wrote:
> > And a Invitee to all devs to join the discussion in -core but I hope > > this was done long ago. > > Rest assured that the discussion has been lively there. >
Thant is a very good thing to hear.
> I don't get all the fuss about this, though. So the Foundation is in > trouble, so what? It's basically holding the Gentoo trademark in the > USA (in Europe, it does *not*, another legal entity does here) and it > is the copyright holder of the ebuilds.
Maybe it is all about the "so what?" mentality of the core that led to this mess in the first place? I can understand that this angers the community and drobbins, as it angers me too. I am not the person to jump blindly on drobbins ultimatum bandwagon with a lot of angry users on it. But I think that some drastic actions must be taken, maybe exactly because the bandwagon with the angry mob on it.