From: Dominik Riva <slalomsk8er@×××××.com>
To: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:05:05
1 On Jan 15, 2008 12:51 PM, Wulf C. Krueger <philantrop@g.o> wrote:
2 > > And a Invitee to all devs to join the discussion in -core but I hope
3 > > this was done long ago.
4 >
5 > Rest assured that the discussion has been lively there.
8 Thant is a very good thing to hear.
9
10 > I don't get all the fuss about this, though. So the Foundation is in
11 > trouble, so what? It's basically holding the Gentoo trademark in the
12 > USA (in Europe, it does *not*, another legal entity does here) and it
13 > is the copyright holder of the ebuilds.
14
15 Maybe it is all about the "so what?" mentality of the core that led to
16 this mess in the first place?
17 I can understand that this angers the community and drobbins, as it
18 angers me too.
19
20 I am not the person to jump blindly on drobbins ultimatum bandwagon
21 with a lot of angry users on it.
22 But I think that some drastic actions must be taken, maybe exactly
23 because the bandwagon with the angry mob on it.
24
25 > The ebuilds keep coming, we're basically doing "business" as usual and
26 > that should be enough, I'd say.
27
28 Sure, all is fine in the land of Gentoo - problems are for people that
29 have nothing better to do :(
32 Regards, Dominik Riva
33 --
34 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list