From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-project] Reply to setting Was: Improving developer/user communication]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:13:32
1 Robert Buchholz wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 21. July 2007 02:37, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Is it just me or is the reply to function not working on this list
5 >> yet? When I hit reply to, it appears that it is not going to the
6 >> list but to the person that sent the message I am replying too.
7 >>
8 >> Oh, I did this as a forward since asking just George may not do any
9 >> good. Sorry if this messes up the headers or something.
12 > This list does not have "reply to munging" enabled, meaning the Reply-To
13 > will not be set to the list address for you.
14 >
15 > On some reasons why that often is a good idea, read the
16 > article "Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful" [1].
17 >
18 > Please use the "Reply to all" or "Reply to list" features of your
19 > mailer, they all have either of those if not both. Please do not use
20 > forwarding.
21 >
22 > Also, you could write some procmail rule (if applicable) to reset the
23 > Reply-To for your incoming mail, see [2] for details.
24 >
25 > -R.
28 > [1] http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
29 > [2]
30 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/reply-to.xml#doc_chap1_sect3
33 Well, I use Seamonkey for my email. The thing I don't like about the
35 because I got two of yours. I do not see a reply to list function so
36 can you assist me in finding that or does it not exist in Seamonkey.
37
38 Also, did they not set this up the same way as the other lists? When I
39 hit reply in gentoo-user it works fine as far as going to the list
40 itself. I was just thinking that maybe someone missed a step when the
41 mailing list was set up.
42
43 Any help would be appreciated.
44