From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2012-04-03
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 06:03:01
1 On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:37:30 +0100
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > El mar, 20-03-2012 a las 11:32 -0400, Mike Gilbert escribió:
5 > > On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > Since there is no need to stay in the herd some prefixed time, I see no
7 > > > reason to allow developers to be in mail aliases without adding them to
8 > > > herds.xml, and this allows others to "easily" review herds.xml looking
9 > > > for empty herds.
10 > >
11 > > From what you've said, the mail alias should just be ignored when
12 > > reviewing herds.
13 > >
14 > > It is possible that the people on the alias are simply curious and
15 > > have no intention of maintaining anything. I don't have a problem with
16 > > that.
17 >
18 > But we need to clearly state that, when a herd is empty in herds.xml we
19 > should consider their packages as orphan even if some devs are listed in
20 > the alias.
21
22 I thought that was the case already. Why would devs on the alias be
23 considered maintainers in the first place?
27 fonts, gcc-porting
28 toolchain, wxwidgets
29 @ gentoo.org