From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 17:42:35
1 On 09-08-2011 12:32:57 -0500, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > > > Yeah, that's already on my draft agenda [1]. =) But we should still have
3 > > > a small set of options to choose from if we do vote to automate, so we
4 > > > don't sit around for another month or discuss it aimlessly for hours.
5 > > > Being prepared is what I'm hoping we can do here.
6 > >
7 > > Ok, then I suggest simply adding ", don't bother about changes between
8 > > CVS log and ChangeLog" to both of your options.
9 >
10 > I guess I don't understand something here. If we aren't retroactively
11 > changing existing ChangeLogs, and we're autogenerating things in the
12 > future, where would these changes come from?
13
14 so you want to retain all existing ChangeLogs?
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level