From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Tinderbox and building everything
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 19:31:42
1 El lun, 12-05-2014 a las 21:05 +0100, Markos Chandras escribió:
2 > On 05/10/2014 08:12 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > El sáb, 10-05-2014 a las 17:50 +0200, Tom Wijsman escribió:
4 > > [...]
5 > >> As for build failures; that boils down to either the maintainer fixing
6 > >> it as it is their problem, treecleaners cleaning it (but even they have
7 > >> a long backlog) or someone that is interested to fix it. But in no way
8 > >> it is QA's problem; as our task is Quality Assurance, which doesn't*
9 > >> imply fixing maintainer's problems (but does imply m-n / cleaning it).
10 > >>
11 > >> * We can try to help to some extent.
12 > >>
13 > >
14 > > At least from my point of view (as member or treecleaners), I would
15 > > welcome the tinderbox as would help to detect more broken packages, some
16 > > of them really old and that are not going to be fixed but, as nobody
17 > > uses them, they are broken for a long time without noticing.
21 > While this is true, it's is not an immediate problem. If a package is
22 > terribly broken, but nobody uses it, then all it does is to occupy a few
23 > KB of cvs space. It is a problem, but not a problem we need to be
24 > nervous about.
27 Ah, sure. I was referring that I would welcome that, but that it's not
28 so urgent (not sure if maybe "welcome" has a different sense for native
29 speakers :S)