From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-keys@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] GLEP 63 - was Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 18:39:52
1 On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > In gentoo-keys, it will relatively easy to generate a new key and one
3 > subkey using a template [1].
4
5 Sounds great - we just need to get it into the GLEP (at least by reference).
6
7 > We just need an approved spec to test against.
8
9 That is fair. I think rather than making the GLEP effective, we could
10 at least vote on whether the policies themselves are acceptable, that
11 way they can be locked down and we can update all the tools/docs/etc.
12 No sense writing code when anybody can change the spec.
13
14 That is my main concern - the policy itself seems fine, we just can't
15 start telling devs next week to fix their keys.
16
17 Thanks for your work!
18
19 Rich