From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New gen-b0rk repository specifically for Q/A tools testing
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 01:45:01
1 On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:53:16 -0700
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > In order to further improve the chances of Q/A tools catching
5 > errors. I have created a new repo (overlay) which will contain
6 > minimal test case ebuilds. The idea is to have test case ebuilds to
7 > run repoman code against. The outcome of these runs should be
8 > comparable to pre-recorded output. In that way as more code changes
9 > are applied as part of the stage3 re-write as well as new test cases
10 > and checks to be added to it's capabilities. It should minimize the
11 > bugs introduced in releases.
12 >
13 > Repoman does have some unit tests, but it is far from 100% coverage.
14 > Also with the major structural changes that the code has been
15 > undergoing, it is not always possible for the unit tests to be
16 > compatible with the new code.
17 >
18 > This new repository is open to all Gentoo developers to contribute to.
19 > All we ask is that you follow some simple common sense rules for
20 > adding additional test ebuilds.
21 >
22 > The repo is located at:
23 >
24 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/proj/gen-b0rk.git/
25 >
26 > Here is the README included in the base directory.
27 >
28 > This repository is for the primary purpose of testing Q/A tools like
29 > repoman.
30 >
31 > The ebuilds it contains are for testing specific areas of tests that
32 > are performed as part of the normal operation of that Q/A tool.
33 >
34 > This repository is open to all Gentoo developers under the following
35 > rules:
38 <snip>...
39
40 > 7) New module development and test ebuilds will be done in a branch
41 > or personal repo and submitted to the gentoo-portage-dev email list
42 > for review and approval to merge into master.
43 > NOTE: This rule is lifted for the initial creation and population
44 > of test ebuilds to use to test out the repoman code. An anouncemnt to
45 > the gentoo-project email list will be made when this initial
46 > population period is being ended.
47 >
48 > 8) Signed commits only, also signed-pushes are mandatory
51 Please note we are not restricting push access to the master branch yet,
52 we need a decent db of test ebuilds before we will lock it down more to
53 maintain some Q/A consistency.
54
55 So, push your test ebuilds you create without worry.
56
57 If you are unsure about some specifics and want it reviewed, then sure,
58 submit them for review and fine tuning.
59
60 Thank you
63 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>