From: David Shakaryan <omp@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Automation: Making package.mask better
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 04:09:43
Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
> Can't we already (automatically) remove masks for which the relevant > ebuilds have been removed? Is there another situation for which you > think this is useful?
While it might be possible, we currently aren't doing that. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, but it would have to be semi-smart and check if that package ever existed, as some developers add masks before adding packages and we don't want those automatically removed. I have a simple script that outputs all masks that aren't actually masking anything. I run it every once in a while and remove such masks (after, of course, looking at the comments), and this has been working fine so far. -- David Shakaryan -- gentoo-project@g.o mailing list