From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:52:10
1 On 23:31 Thu 04 Aug , Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > On 2011.08.04 21:10, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > I disagree. I don't think it's unethical nor even unusual for me to
4 > > fund my own decisions in a personal or corporate environment. It
5 > > seems much more unethical to me that some "helicopter parents" can
6 > > choose not to fund a decision; that's one way how we get so many
7 > > screwups in our government, with unfunded decisions that cost money.
8 >
9 > I think we have to agree to disagree on this one. The corporate norm
10 > of checks and balances is to have applications for expenditure, be it
11 > for trivial sums or large capital items, to be signed off by
12 > someone/some group with no interest in the outcome, so they can make
13 > an objective decision.
14 >
15 > e.g. I can sign off travel and expenses for others but not for myself.
16
17 At least in my experience, each division would receive its own budget
18 with independent spending authority. This is subject to auditing but
19 only in retrospect, not prior to the expense taking place.
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24
25 Donnie Berkholz